Thursday, March 1, 2012

Ironstone Platters

I found an old Staffordshire ironstone platter at the local thrift store earlier this week.

Ironstone is proving to be challenging to find in our area so I was thrilled to find this one at the bottom of a pile of plates. The price? $2.99! 


The start of my ironstone collection was shared in this post and the beginnings of my pitcher collections (some ironstone) were shared here.


I also like the finer type of ironstone, but this thicker rustic style is my favourite.

I love that this newest platter is nice and deep and that it shows a few spots of yellowing around the edges.


Inspiration for this collection is from some of the many lovely blogs I visit. I dream of having cupboards just full of ironstone pieces like Ellie at Frog Goes To Market has. Did you see Diana at Our Vintage Home Love's latest finds that were covered in dirt? And Jacqueline at Cabin and Cottage has many beautiful posts highlighting her lovely linens and ironstone. 

My family would cringe at this, but lately I have been craving painting the oak buffet and hutch in my kitchen.  I said I never would, but I have been itching to redo the farmhouse table in the kitchen eating area and painting the oak buffet and hutch seems to go along with it.  Maybe this summer. 

You can find me at these parties...
The Charm of Home's Home Sweet Home party
At The Picket Fence's Inspiration Friday

16 comments:

All Things Chic 2 said...

It looks so nice grouping your collection together...Makes so much more of a statement!!!Great find , I found some great buys this week as well...Visit my blog to see!!! Blessings Lori

marty (A Stroll Thru Life) said...

Love your new platter. How nice to find one for such an incredible price. You've got a pretty good collection going. Hugs, Marty

Kim said...

That was a steal! I never seem to be able to find things like that. Maybe I don't go often enough.

I think paint and oak are always good together. ;)

Angie@Echoes of Laughter said...

I love it Elizabeth! I always pick up white platters when I see them too! I think your hutch would look fantastic painted! I am having the same debate about my china cabinet. I would like to paint it a creamy white! Angie xo

Noelle said...

Love that platter, and at $2.99!! Wow great find!!I do love your hutch with the collection you have too!

White Whimsy said...

You can never go wrong with a white platter and especially at the price you got yours at. Oh, you can never have to many either.

Christine @ Stonehouse Living said...

Hi Elizabeth,
Oh,what a great find!
That is a nice collection you have!
Love them all stacked like that.
All the Best,
Christine

Lisa said...

WOW! What a bargain!I love how simple it looks and yet so stunning. Thank you so much for visiting my bloggy and leaving such kind comments.

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

Hi Elizabeth! You have some nice platters! I like the heavy stuff too. My collection of ironstone is not so big so much as I am showing it all the time! haha! I've been thinking of painting my hutch too. But I guarantee you that will not happen any time soon. Thanks for the compliment!

KATHY said...

How gorgeous they all are!! I love ironstone,and i find most of my pieces at the thrift shop too.

Kathy

Biz said...

Those are beautiful!
I didn't know about Ironstone...I might have to start keeping my eyes open :)

Biz

Kelly said...

I'm a huge fan of ironstone too. I don't have much of the real stuff though. Your collection is really growing! I think your buffet and hutch would look great painted! Just go for it! I haven't regretted any of the pieces that I've painted. If you've been thinking about it for awhile, then it's probably time.

Heaven's Walk said...

One can never have too many ironstone pieces, Elizabeth! lol! You nabbed quite a deal! :)

xoxo laurie

Pamela said...

Your ironstone is so beautiful Elizabeth! I just picked up the cutest cow creamer the other day that is faux vintage ironstone. He was just zoo cute I had to bring him home. Hope your weekend is going well!

Sherry said...

Thank you for joining me at Home Sweet Home!
Sherry

Ellie Campbell said...

Always a sweet surprise to stumble across another ironstone lover... Your platters look great all stacked up. Thanks so much for including a link to my blog as well :)
Happy ironstone hunting!
- Ellie (Frog Goes To Market)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...